About This Course
Semiconductor Equipment Communications Standard, Generic Equipment Model (SECS/GEM) is an industry standard factory equipment interface protocol for equipment-to-host data communications. The standard has been widely adopted in the semiconductor, surface mount technology, electronics assembly, device, photovoltaic, and solar cell industries.
With the introduction of SECS/GEM capability, easily transform their operations into a smart factory with M2M communication, automation, as well as real time data acquisition for data monitoring, control and analytics.
Upon a successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand SECS and GEM Standards and Requirements.
- Translate the SECS Message Structure.
- Extract relevant information and supported functions from an Equipment SECS/GEM manual.
- Know a typical implementation or usage of Equipment SECS/GEM capabilities
- Set up the communication between Equipment and Host (Practical)
- Conduct basic troubleshooting or Equipment Characterization (Practical)
- Basic understanding of data management concepts and constructs such as relational database tables
- Know how different pieces of data logically relate to one another.
Applicable Industries: Semiconductor, Photovoltaic, LED, and other manufacturing industries that require their machines to be SECS/GEM compliant.
For individuals: Basic knowledge on programming
- Sales and Marketing - require more of an overview of the standards so as to understand customers’ requirements
- OEM Software Developers – a greater detail of the standards in order for the equipment to be certified as compliant
- End-User Software Developers – an understanding of what the compliant equipment will support for these standards.
- I4.0 Internet of Things (IoT) Overview
- Relevance of SECS/GEM Towards I4.0 IoT
- Introduction to Equipment Integration
- Semi Equipment Communication Standard – SECS I (Semi E4)
- High-Speed SECS Message Service – HSMS (Semi E37)
- Semi Equipment Communication Standard – SECS-II (Semi E5)
- Generic Equipment Model (Semi-E30)