ABOUT THE BUSINESS ACUMEN MODULE
Business Acumen is the knowledge and ability to make profitable business decisions. It is defined as an intuitive,
applicable and thorough understanding of what drives profitability and provides an overall picture of the business
and its interrelationships that enables better business decision making. It is a critical skill which differentiates
between a good and a great leader; and the difference between an efficient and highly profitable organization.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
• Make effective and consistent decisions using proper business and management decision making tools
• Create standard frameworks to analyze projects quantitatively and qualitatively
• Create standard frameworks to prioritize multiple projects within constrained resource
• Objectively analyze investment decisions
• Perform Return on Investment (ROI) calculations
• Use the ROI process to compare and prioritize different projects
• Describe the key criteria for prioritizing projects
This module covers the following topics:
• Financial Management
• Capital Budgeting
• Financial Model of Company "A"
• Business Growth Strategy
• Acquisition Strategy
• Business Decision Making Tools
• Case Studies
ABOUT THE MODULE SPECIALIST – Mr SK Fong
Mr SK Fong is the Vice President of R&D and Managing Co-Director of Altera Corporation Sdn Bhd. He graduated from University of Technology, Malaysia with degrees in Electronics Engineering and Computer Engineering, and post-graduate research experience in VLSI design and semiconductor device physics. He also holds an MBA from a joint program by Shanghai Fudan University and Washington University in St. Louis.
As the Vice President of R&D, he manages around 500 design engineers and is responsible for advanced FPGA development including IC design, software development, IP development, and Soft IP development.
Prior to joining Altera in September 2011, SK was the Director of Intel’s Penang Design Centre. He was directly involved in the start-up of the Centre in 1991 and played an instrumental role in managing and developing it into one of Intel’s largest offshore design centres. He was responsible for the development of Intel latest Microprocessor, Chipset, and SOC products, covering silicon design, platform validation, package and platform engineering, manufacturing and test engineering, as well as application support. All in all, he has more than 15 years of technical and management experience at various Intel site worldwide, and was also the Acting Managing Director of Intel’s Chipset Group.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• ‘Next-in-line’ leaders, Senior Managers, Engineers, and High Achievers
Time : 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Fee : RM800 per pax
HRDF : SBL scheme
Venue : PSDC
For more information please contact Ms Tan Bee Hean (604-643 7909 ext. 524) or email email@example.com