01 March 2017 - 02 March 2017
This course intends to introduce to participants the appropriate and right approach of obtaining meaningful data for analysis. As far as we are concerned, today's industry decision makers always using measurement data and facts to make their business decision. An appropriate decision will follow if the data is meaningful and trust worthy.
This course is a must for all Managers and Engineers who are going to make technical and business decisions based on measurement data and facts. On top of that, MSA is one of the key elements for TS16949 certification.
Note: This course is conducted based on Measurement System Analysis – TS16949 requirements with focus on implementation requirements
After attending this training session, the participants should be able to:
• Differentiate the errors from a set of measurement data
• Analyze errors of measurement contributed by measuring gauge and operators and design actions for improvement
• Classified all the measuring gauges in the respective categories
• Perform G R & R studies on all relevant measuring equipment or gauges
• Perform the necessary activities for MSA requirements
• Set up implementation procedures and action plans
MODULE 1: CONCEPTS OF MEASUREMENT ISSUES, ERRORS AND VARIATIONS
• Understanding of Measurement Systems and Process
• Measurement variations
- Bias, Repeatability, Reproducibility, Stability & Linearity
- Examples of Measurement Stability, Bias, Repeatability, Reproducibility, Linearity and Part to part variation
MODULE 2: MEASUREMENT STRATEGY, MATHEMATICAL MODEL/EQUATION FOR A READING FROM A GAUGE
• Measurement Strategy and Planning
• Measurement source development
• Theoretical consideration of the origin of measurement values
• Study of Bias, Linearity, Stability of a measuring equipment
• Risk associated with each measurement Linearity and Bias with reference to their application & criticality
• Correlation studies on measurement data and their implication to product quality
• Practical Application of template for Bias, Linearity and Correlation studies (Workshop)
MODULE 3: STRATIFICATION OF VARIATIONS COMPONENTS (using approximate mathematical equation)
• Concepts of GR & R
- Variable data method
- Discrete data method
• ANOVA method used to study the sources of variation
- Examples of ANOVA method to evaluate the errors of measurement
MODULE 4: GR & R TABLES TO PERFORM THE STUDIES
• Short Method Study
• Long Method Study
• Real Case & Practical - GR &R study for calipers or other equipment
MODULE 5: GR & R FOR ATTRIBUTE MEASUREMENT
• Analysis of Attribute GR & R studies
MODULE 6: INTERPRETATION OF GR & R RESULTS
• Computer application
• Establish the frequency for GR & R studies
• Develop the Mater List for equipment need GR & R studies
• Acceptable range of GR & R results
• GR & R calculation for non-repetitive measurements
MODULE 7: RECOMMENDATIONS AND PROCEDURES TO IMPLEMENT MSA
• Process Flow for implementing Calibration, Linearity, Bias, GR & R and Measurement Stability
• Roles and Responsibilities of personnel involved
• Levels of documents needed
MODULE 8: MEASUREMENT SYSTEM STABILITY MONITORING
• Evaluating Measurement System performance through Control Chart Method
• Establishing Stability Check for Gauges using Control Chart Method
• Stability requirements for measurement equipment
- Analysis of control chart data for measurement equipment
- Evaluating Equipment Stability through Control Chart for the gauges
• Graphical Representation and Monitoring of Gauges
• TS16949 – MSA Requirements
• Implementation Plan for Measurement System Analysis
QUESTION AND ANSWER
As this course is workshop oriented, a lot of exercises and role play will be given during the course. Participants can also expect the discussion of a few real case studies in this course. The training Methodology includes Case Studies, Lecture, Problem Solving, Exercises and small work group activities. The course will be conducted through a sequential Workshops for all topics covered.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is meant for all engineers, technical personnel and managers who are involved in decision making using measurement data and performing MSA to meet QS 9000 requirements.
a. Basic Statistical Process/Quality Control.
b. Practical Statistics for Industry and Business.
SABRINA LIM has a Bachelor in Engineering (First Class Honours) from The University of Sydney. She was attached to well-known American MNCs where she had hands-on experience in the Quality, Quality Systems and Process Engineering.
Her success in her career include ISO9000 recertification, taking responsibility for product transfer from the US, troubleshooting new product quality problems and involvement in in-process yield improvement programmes, developing training materials, calibration systems, new product specifications and standard operating procedures.
She has been involved in teaching and training for the past nine years and has conducted trainings in quality, quality systems and technical areas. Her hands-on experience in manufacturing as well exposure in training personnel from diverse industries in Malaysia and Singapore enables her to provide a good insight to troubleshooting process problems and improving overall quality as well as latest developments in the quality arena.
MS PF LAI has a Bachelor in Engineering (2nd Class Upper Honours) from The University of Malaya. She was attached to well-known Local Contract Manufacturing Company for the last 11 years where she had hands-on experience in the Quality, Quality Systems and Process Engineering.
Her success in her career include ISO9000 certification, TPM implementation, taking responsibility to develop quality systems for various procedures and involvement in in-process problem solving and yield improvement programmes, developing training materials, measurement and evaluation systems, new product specifications and standard operating procedures.
She has been involved in teaching and training for the past 11 years and has conducted trainings in quality, quality systems and technical areas. Her hands-on experience in manufacturing as well exposure in training personnel from diverse industries in Malaysia enables her to provide a good insight to troubleshooting process problems and improving overall quality as well as latest developments in the quality arena.
Below is list of more popular trainings she conducted currently:
5. Practical Statistical Application in Industry.
6. Quality Tools
SIM LAM THONG (TQC & TPM, 5S/6S, Project Management Consultant) has more than 23 years of vigorous involvement in TQC/TPM/5S/6S activities, Statistical Application, GD&T, Problem Solving and Project Management training. He has a lot of "Hands on" and practical experience on SPC/ SQC/ QCC/ TQC/ TPM/ TS16949 implementation, statistical application for industry’s measurement and part tolerancing, 5S/TQC/TPM audit and providing in-house consultation services to many local and overseas companies.
He specializes in Quality, GD&T, 5S/6S, TQC, SPC, 6σ quality implementation, Productivity and TPM training/consultation, Industrial Statistics Application and Design of Experiments Training and implementation. He has vigorously involved in implementing and developing 5S/TQC/QCC/TPM Activities in many local multinational and has presented many technical working papers in local and international Quality Conventions such as ICQCC in Hong Kong, Japan and others. He has been conducting training for many multinationals such as Renesas Semiconductor, Hitachi Metals, Hitachi Consumer Products (KL), ICI Products (M) S/B, Hewlett Packard, Acer Computers, Mabuci Motors, VDO, B Braun Medical Industries, Fairchild Semiconductor, Motorola Penang, ACM Chemical, Seagate Penang, Hong Yuen (Hong Kong) and many local companies such as Daibochi (M) S/B (Melaka), Malaysian Rubber Gloves, Belton Industries etc.
He has also help Hitachi Semiconductor and Hewlett Packard (M) S/B won the Malaysian National Champion in National QCC Convention in 1995, 1996 & 1997.
Prior to working as a consultant he has been working as a TPM/TQM Manager for a large multinational company for 12 years. He has been actively working with engineers to solve engineering and designing problems and application of statistics.
He is currently the TQC/TPM, 6σ Quality, Statistics, 5S and Management Consultants for Shin Etsu Handotai (Shah Alam), Osram, On Semi, Agilent, Samsung Corning, Unisem, Linear Semiconductor, Tessy Plastics (Shanghai), Diethlm Aluminium Works (Singapore), Matsushita Electronic Motor, Renesas, Seagate Penang, Carsem Semiconductors and TFP Plastics. Areas covered including Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), TQC, Measurement Uncertainty & Calibration implementation, Statistical application for 6 sigma and Continuous Improvement. He has also been a 5S consultant for Malayan Flour Manufacturing (MFM) Groups of companies.
He possesses a B.Sc. Ed. (Hons.) (Mathematics/Physics) and M. Sc. (Taguchi Experimentation) both from USM, Penang. He can communicate in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin with major dialects such as Cantonese and Hokkien.
2 days @ 9am-5pm
Program 100% Claimable under SBL Scheme
PSDC Members: RM 690/pax
Non-Members: RM 750/pax
*All prices listed above are subjected to GST effective 1st April 2015