21 March 2017 - 22 March 2017
Essential Skills For A Good Negotiation (PDT 106)
Negotiation is the art and science of mutual influencing by two or more parties to achieve an agreement on some objectives, terms or conditions.
The negotiation process occurs in business, non-profits organization, government, among nations, and in personal situations.
Effective negotiators can assess their opponent's objectives and needs clearly and use various form of negotiation strategies, power and leverages to influence their opponent to achieve an agreement on some objectives, terms or conditions.
At the end of the two days training participants would be able to :-
• Recognize the process, elements and principles of negotiations.
• To distinguish the various outcomes of negotiation.
• Recognize the 31 types of different tactics of opponents and be ready to respond to them effectively.
• To successfully apply the art of negotiation to achieve the desired agreement.
MODULE 1 : WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF NEGOTIATIONS?
• What is the function of negotiation.
• Why is it important for disputing parties to negotiate.
- Preparing the Objectives, terms and conditions for negotiation.
MODULE 2 : THE DIFFERENT OUTCOMES OF NEGOTIATION
• No Agreement
• Third party arbitration.
• Legal Action.
MODULE 3 : EVALUATE THE DIFFERENT SITUATIONS , DETERMINE THE ISSUES OF NEGOTIATION AND RELATED OUTCOMES.
• Evaluation and analysis of different negotiation situations and determine the outcome from the negotiations.
MODULE 4 : HOW TO DEAL WITH THE DIFFERENT NEGOTIATION STYLES
MODULE 5 : BEST ALTERNATIVE TO A NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT (BATNA)
• What is BATNA and why is it important in negotiations ?
• Setting BATNA for different objectives, terms and conditions.
• Negotiation Planning Format and setting different BATNA levels.
MODULE 6 : CRAFTING THE NEGOTIATION STRATEGY – SUN TZU's PRINCIPLES
• Know Your Opponent,
• Know Your Self,
• Know Your Terrain
• Choose your choice of weapons – negotiation leverages.
MODULE 7 : KEY ELEMENTS IN CRAFTING THE NEGOTIATION STRATEGY
• How can a negotiator attained the 6 key powers to be powerful ?
• What are the choices of negotiation leverages ; Needs OR Fears ?
• Making proposals that satisfy the motivational needs of the opponents.
• How can negotiators weaken it’s opponents by removing away their powers?
• Recognizing the 31 types of negotiation tactics and responding to them effectively.
MODULE 8 : EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN NEGOTIATION
• What are the 2 key communication skills required for effective communication.
• Cultural influences in different communication behaviors.
• Managing the 6 key steps in Communication effectively.
• Focus on the 7C Principle in communicating.
• Reading the right body language signals in negotiations.
MODULE 9 : Characteristics of a Good Negotiator
• What are the key characteristics of a good negotiator.
MODULE 10 : NEGOTIATION IN ACTION
• The Negotiation road map.
MODULE 11 : CLOSURE & IMPLEMENTATION
• Closing the negotiation successfully.
Presentation, lectures, case study and role play.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The program has been specially designed for managers and executives from various departments and also negotiation teams for whom the success of their organisation depends on their negotiation expertise.
Pete Ooi Pit Tatt , CTP, ACIS, CFP, MBA, DBA, PhD(hc), is an international training professional certified by the Asian Regional Training and Development Organization,Philippines (ARTDO), an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, U.K., a Certified Financial Planner of the Institute of Financial Planning, Malaysia. He obtained his Masters of Business Administration degree from Southern Luzon State University, Philippines and his Doctor of Business Management degree from American Heritage University of Southern California,US.
He is a Corporate Consultant as well as a international Lecturer and Trainer with more than 15 years of experience. He has managed transactions on Acquisitions and Mergers worth more than USD 20 million and have also conducted lecturing and training extensively for more than 8000 people from the academia, government officials, senior managers and executives, in Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines , China, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain ; representing multi national companies, public listed companies , small medium enterprises , non-government organizations, public universities , government agencies and other organizations.
Pete Ooi delivers his training with passion and energy and is well received by his participants.
Some of the organizations that he has conducted training are as follows:
Intel Technology, AMD, Spansion, Dell computers, Fairchild Semiconductor, Hewlett Packard Sales (Northern Region), Toray-Pen Group, LKT Industrial Bhd, Osram Opto Semiconductor.
2 days (9am – 5pm)
Program 100% Claimable under SBL Scheme
PSDC Members: RM750/pax
All prices listed above are subject to GST.
* Training dates subject to change